Mount Rainier National Park
248 mi 400 km of trail — 34 Featured Hikes
Ascending 14,410 feet above sea level, Mount Rainier stands as an icon in the Washington landscape. An active volcano, Mount Rainier is the most glaciated peak in the contiguous U.S. spawning six major rivers. Subalpine wildflower meadows ring the icy volcano while ancient forest cloaks Mount Rainier's lower slopes. Wildlife abounds in the park's ecosystems, thriving in the wide diversity of environments. A lifetime of discovery awaits.
To learn more about Mount Rainier National Park, visit www.nps.gov.
Call the park at 1-360-569-2211 to confirm road and facility status or check the website for current information.
- Longmire Museum: Hours vary by season. Open year round.
- Henry M Jackson Memorial Visitor Center at Paradise: Hours vary by season. Open year round, but weekends-only in the winter (generally October-May).
- Ohanapecosh Visitor Center: Hours vary by season. Generally open late May through early October.
- Sunrise Visitor Center: Hours vary by season. Generally open July through early September.
Fees & Passes:
To learn more about park fees, click here.
Camping & Lodging
- Cougar Rock: Group sites are also available. Open late May to late September.
- Ohanapecosh: Group sites are also available. Open late May to late September.
- White River: Open late June to late September.
- Mowich Lake: Must self-register at campground kiosk. Tents only. Open early July to early October.
There are two hotels located inside Mount Rainier National Park. Reserve a room online at Mount Rainier Guest Services or call 360-569-2275 for more information.
- National Park Inn: Open year round. The Inn has 25 guest rooms, a full-service dining room, a general store, and a post office.
- Paradise Inn: Open mid May through early October. The Paradise Inn has 121 guest rooms, a gift shop, post office, café, and full-service dining room.
Food & Drink
Outfitters, Tours, & Shuttles
REI offers over 30 national park trips led by expert guides capable of taking you off the beaten path to discover hidden gems that many visitors never see.
Check out REI Adventures' national park offerings here.
Maps & Guidebooks
Gems in Mount Rainier National Park - 17
Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. Add Your Gems
Featured Hikes in Mount Rainier National Park - 34
Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. Add Your Hikes
5.3 mi 8.6 km • Loop • 1,493 ft Ascent 454.98 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 58 )
5.6 mi 9.0 km • Loop • 1,295 ft Ascent 394.78 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 35 )
83.5 mi 134.4 km • Loop • 24,989 ft Ascent 7616.62 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 28 )
Naches Peak Loop
3.6 mi 5.9 km • Loop • 608 ft Ascent 185.3 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 27 )
6.5 mi 10.5 km • Loop • 1,627 ft Ascent 495.85 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 18 )
8.8 mi 14.1 km • Loop • 4,594 ft Ascent 1400.19 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 17 )
4.6 mi 7.4 km • Out and Back • 1,919 ft Ascent 584.82 m Ascent
Singletrack Eatonville, WA( 21 )
Trails in Mount Rainier National Park - 59
Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. Add Your Trails
Grove of the Patriarchs
|0.3 mi 0.5 km||Eatonville, WA||17|
Comet Falls Trail
|2.7 mi 4.4 km||Eatonville, WA||
Snowy - Sketchy traverse with dangerous runout across steep snow-covered slopes, starting at about 1.2 miles in. Wear ice spikes.
42 days ago
|1.0 mi 1.6 km||Eatonville, WA||2|
|2.2 mi 3.5 km||Eatonville, WA||5|
Emmons Vista Trail
|0.1 mi 0.1 km||Eatonville, WA||1|
Burroughs Mountain Trail
|3.9 mi 6.2 km||Eatonville, WA||8|
Mount Fremont Trail
|1.4 mi 2.2 km||Eatonville, WA||5|
|16.0 mi 25.7 km||Buckley, WA||5|
|0.5 mi 0.9 km||Eatonville, WA||5|
Naches Loop Trail
|3.0 mi 4.9 km||Eatonville, WA||
Bad / ClosedUpdate
Snowy, Icy - You'll need micro spikes or possibly snowshoes to get all the way around.
12 days ago
|1.9 mi 3.0 km||Eatonville, WA||3|
Spray Falls Spur
|0.1 mi 0.2 km||Eatonville, WA||3|
|0.7 mi 1.1 km||Eatonville, WA||6|
Green Lake Trail
|1.5 mi 2.4 km||Buckley, WA||
49 days ago
|0.7 mi 1.2 km||Eatonville, WA||8|
Crystal Peak Trail
|2.7 mi 4.4 km||Eatonville, WA||4|
|4.2 mi 6.7 km||Eatonville, WA||4|
|7.2 mi 11.6 km||Eatonville, WA||5|
Third Burroughs Trail
|1.2 mi 2.0 km||Greenwater, WA||2|
|5.2 mi 8.4 km||Eatonville, WA||9|
Photos of Mount Rainier National Park - 361
Hiking Project is built by hikers like you. Add Your Photos