Rosario to the Points and Back
ElevationAscent: 534' 163 m
Descent: -534' -163 m
High: 110' 34 m
Low: 11' 3 m
GradeAvg Grade: 5% (3°)
Max Grade: 22% (12°)
Current trail conditions
Popular hikes nearby
Oyster Dome Loop
8.3 mi 13.4 km • Loop • 1,971 ft Ascent 600.87 m Ascent
Singletrack Bow, WA( 41 )
Chuckanut Lost Lake Loop
8.1 mi 13.0 km • Loop • 1,182 ft Ascent 360.16 m Ascent
Singletrack Bellingham, WA( 6 )
Squires Lake Park Loop
2.1 mi 3.3 km • Loop • 334 ft Ascent 101.78 m Ascent
Singletrack Alger, WA( 1 )
Lookout Mountain Preserve Loop
4.0 mi 6.4 km • Loop • 898 ft Ascent 273.86 m Ascent
Singletrack Sudden Valley, WA( 3 )
10.8 mi 17.4 km • Out and Back • 131 ft Ascent 39.89 m Ascent
Singletrack Sequim, WA( 11 )
Hiked this trail?
Add details to help others plan their adventure.
“An awesome route from Rosario Beach to Lottie and Lighthouse Points, and back.”— Isaac Bozeman
Family Friendly It is a pretty easy trail.
Follow the trail up and around Lighthouse Point. Once you come back around to the "Y" junction, stay right on the Lottie Point Loop trail. Follow it up and around Lottie Point. Follow Bowman Bay/Rosario Beach Trail back to the parking lot.
The area has a lot of awesome features that make it more than your average hike. I will detail them below:
1. Maiden of Deception Pass: This is a very neat carved sculpture depicting a mermaid-like creature holding a giant fish. There is a interpretive sign at the base for more information.
2. Rosario Head: This is the first point you'll go out onto. It is a sight to behold, as you can see a mess of islands, the open ocean, and Canada.
3. CCC Interpretive Center: This is a really cool walk-in museum on the CCC who developed the area. It is free and is a walk-in-walk-out type of thing.
4. Bowman Bay Pier: Need I say more? It is totally awesome! It is a great place to swim or fish.
5. Lighthouse Point: This is an awesome point that offers scenic vistas of the scenic surroundings. There is a 'light station' on the point, but it is small and not anything like a lighthouse. It is run by the UNCG.
6: Lottie Point: This is a gorgeous place to get a spectacular view of Deception Pass Bridge.
Land Manager: WSP - Deception Pass State Park