“A unique experience of running on mud trails with lots of greenery around, along paddy fields, and on mountain tops.”
— Meghan Patankar
Race - Jul 29, 2018
River/Creek · Views · Wildflowers · Wildlife
Registration closes on 8th July, 2018.
The hill trail run that goes through mountain villages, gives you scenic views of greenery and water bodies around. If the views don’t take your breath away, the hill climbs will. One thing is guaranteed, that you’ll enjoy and have fun on the route. The joy of running in the rain, combined with the greenery all around you, is a very refreshing experience
Need to Know
1) Don't forget to wear a cap or visor.
2) Be extra careful when running downhill at 7km and at 17km, the mud on the route can make it very slippery. In general, use shoes with good grip.
3) Sections of the Dam Loop are STRICTLY SINGLETRACK. No overtaking on these sections.
4) WATCH YOUR STEP... Don't get carried away by the scenic landscape. Watch on what you are stepping.
5) WATCH YOUR STEP... This time it’s for your own good. Trails have what they should have, pebbles, rocks, twigs, etc. You need to take care to not to slip and fall or twist your ankle.
6) Bugs, bugs and bugs..When it rains, in some sections bugs might like to shelter on your sweaty body. Taking necessary precaution is advised.
7) No shortcuts... This will lead to a disqualification. No questions asked.
ALFA Trail Challenge has one of the most beautiful running routes near Mumbai, going through mountain villages, and has scenic views of greenery and water bodies around. The trail run route passes through hills, paddy fields, streams, and a wide table top plateau with flowering pastures.
The runners participating in the ATC will be able to experience a variety of terrain - a spacious wide track, a narrow singletrack, an exhilarating forest trail, and a tricky mud section. ATC also has hill climbs with a 300m ascent.
Race Categories : 10K and 21K (both timed)
Men : Open and Veteran (45yrs and above)
Women : Open and Veteran (45yrs and above)
Registration Fees : 10K - Rs. 1000 ; 21K - Rs. 1250
All participants will be provided with a race T-shirt, running bib with timing chip, post-run refreshments, an exciting finisher's medal, an online timing certificate for successful finishers, and loads of pleasant memories.
Prizes will be given to winners of respective categories.
Note: No one will be allowed to start after 0730hrs
Venue: Horizon School, Rayate. Near Kalyan city. Find on MAP: goo.gl/maps/etxjm9eeUFQ2
GPS Location : 19.256N 73.22E
(Transportation will be provided from Kalyan Station from 0530hrs to the race venue and back on Race day)
Flora & Fauna
This region is home to a number of exotic birds like the Peacocks, Asian Paradise-flycatcher, Racquet-tailed Drongo, Rufous Treepie, etc.