“A nice loop course that includes the second highest point in Georgia.
— Victor Mariano
Race - Nov 12, 2017
Fall Colors · Lake · River/Creek · Views
In the words of race director Sean "Run Bum" Blanton, the Sky to Summit races are a transition.
- A transition from fall to winter.
- A transition from the North Georgia to the rugged mountains of North Carolina.
- A transition from city life to country mountain life.
- From self-doubt to absolute certainty.
- From everyday, to the epic of the mountains!
Need to Know
Start time for the 25K is scheduled for 9:00 A.M. Always check latest email notifications for any changes.
The course contains miles of beautiful singletrack trails, beautiful waterfalls, and several small bridge and water crossings. Runners will climb to the summit of Rabun Bald, the second highest point in GA at over 4,700 feet in elevation. A short climb to the top of Rabun Bald fire tower will provide a gorgeous 360-degree view of mountains in three different states.
Flora & Fauna
This is a late fall season race. Some remaining fall leaf color will be seen in the crisp fall air.