River/Creek · Views
The trail is made up of five paved sections. Starting from the north end:
• Golden Lantern to Chapparosa Park; a series of gentle downhill switchbacks
• Chapparosa Park to Niguel; a gentle downhill that's at a consistent slope
• Niguel to Camino del Avion; a roller coaster of ups and downs
• Camino del Avion to Pacific Coast Highway; another gentle, consistent downhill
• Pacific Coast Highway underpass to the south end of the trail; a pretty much level section that parallels the beach
If you chose to start at the north end of the trail, Golden Lantern at the Fire Station, the Salt Creek Trail follows pleasant pavement on a gentle descent through suburban Laguna Niguel to the trail's namesake beach. Along the way, well-built underpasses ensure you never have to deal with crossing traffic, making this a great choice for families.
For a more challenging hike, start at the south end of the trail, which is at Salt Creek Beach. Going in this direction gives you a constant moderate uphill challenge. Most is gentle even uphills, but one roller coaster section has steeper sections.
Bathrooms and water fountains are available at Chapparosa Park.
Upon reaching the beach at Salt Creek Beach Park, enjoy scenic coastal sand and dune grasses before returning the way you came.
Flora & Fauna
Coastal grasses and neighborhood plants are about all you'll find along this trail.
Shared By: Loan Vu