Lost Creek Lake Trail
ElevationAscent: 817' 249 m
Descent: -818' -249 m
High: 2,043' 623 m
Low: 1,876' 572 m
GradeAvg Grade: 2% (1°)
Max Grade: 15% (8°)
Popular hikes nearby
Viewpoint Mike Trail
5.0 mi 8.0 km • Out and Back • 1,008 ft Ascent 307.32 m Ascent
Devils Peak Loop Hike
14.0 mi 22.5 km • Loop • 2,984 ft Ascent 909.45 m Ascent
Rogue Wolf Loop
28.7 mi 46.1 km • Loop • 4,123 ft Ascent 1256.59 m Ascent
Cliff Lake: Eastern Approach
11.5 mi 18.6 km • Out and Back • 1,027 ft Ascent 313.1 m Ascent
Blue Lake Basin Loop
13.5 mi 21.8 km • Loop • 1,365 ft Ascent 416.11 m Ascent
10.0 mi 16.1 km • Out and Back • 1,638 ft Ascent 499.35 m Ascent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“A loop around Lost Creek Lake.”— Jason Flaherty
(1) Five miles out-and-back from the Lewis Road Trailhead to the Blue Grotto Spur Trail and the Blue Grotto. Along the way you'll pass Fire Glen Campground (tent camping with a toilet).
(2) The seven mile out-and-back section from the Lost Creek Trailhead to the Blue Grotto is particularly scenic. It is festooned with wildflowers in late spring and early summer. You can make it a 9.5-mile thru hike by arranging for a shuttle between the Lost Creek and Lewis Road Trailheads.
(3) The 7.6 miles out-and-back between the Takelma Park Boat Ramp and the Lost Creek Trailhead goes along the lake, through some forests, and past Four Corners Camp (tent camping with a toilet). Arranging for a shuttle between the boat ramp and Lost Creek makes this an easy half-day hike.
(4) From the parking lot at the store in Joseph Stewart State Park, you can go 2.4 miles south to the Spillway Fishing Access, passing little Rumley Falls and sweeping basalt columns along the way.
(5) From the same parking lot, you can go north on trails for 3.6 miles, past noisy but secluded Diamond Creek Falls, then loop back to the parking lot on paved bike paths.
Hiked this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Family Friendly, ADA Accessible, Need to Know