“A crushed gravel path connecting Cross Trail #3 with the White Horse Trail.
— Mikhaila Redovian
This easy, mostly flat trail segment is primarily used as a connector between the White Horse Trail
and the Cross Trail #3
. The trail is spacious and wide, and it weaves through some of the more forested areas in the park. Though short, visitors will be able to see a variety of local flora as the trail winds through a beech and white oak forest.
These trails were originally developed by the Army Corps of Engineers in 1910, and were refurbished and lengthened in the Mission 66 project of the 1950's.
Flora & Fauna
Local birds are present in the white oak and beech forests.