Creating a route

Original Post
travis ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

How do you create a route?  Or see the route you have hiked?  Is it possible to do without cell coverage?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,143

Hey Travis, 

Thank you for reaching out with a great question! Are you seeking to track a gps route of your hike, or are you hoping to add a trail or hike to our database? The procedures are slightly different for each objective, so let me know, and we can go from there! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Rod Milne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

Am I able to download maps from this site to my Fenix 3 HR?

Thank you.

Rod

travis ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I am hoping to track a gps route of my hike.  Thanks for the quick response.

Rod Milne wrote:

Am I able to download maps from this site to my Fenix 3 HR?

Thank you.

Rod

Hey Rod, 

Great question! Yes, you can download the GPS track from our site to your own device. If you are on a trail page, you can find a green "GPX File" link located at the bottom of the map and elevation profile, near the summary and description/overview fields. The link looks something like this: 

travis ross wrote:

I am hoping to track a gps route of my hike.  Thanks for the quick response.

Hey Travis, 

Thank you for clarifying! If you're using iOS or an Apple device, the option to track your hike is available in the menu bar on the left side of the screen. If you tap the "hamburger" in the upper left corner, the menu should look like this: 

Just below To-do's and Check-in's, you'll see GPS Tracks/Record. The recording capability isn't quite ready for Android users yet, but our engineering team is working hard to make sure that capability is developed ASAP! 

Hopefully that helps! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply