How do you make corrections to location errors on the map

Original Post
George Lamson · · Norden, CA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 266

I've noticed a couple of errors on locations of some symbols on the map (like a misplace parking/trailhead area). How do you correct these types of errors?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,153

Hey George, 

Thanks for reaching out with a great question! Editing symbols is a capability that is reserved for admin, but if you send an email to content@adventureprojects.net that includes a link to the incorrectly located symbol and a note about where the symbol should be located, we can correct the error ASAP! Let me know if that helps, and we can go from there! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Christy R. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 64

What if I misplaced a symbol on a featured hike I'm creating? Is that still only editable by admin? The hike hasn't been submitted yet.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,153

Hey Christy, 

That's a great question. The symbol will still need to go through the admin approval process, but if you send an email regarding the symbol to content@advantureprojects.net, we should be able to catch the mistaken symbol. If you wouldn't mind including some information on where the symbol is located, what type of symbol it is, and if we can correct the problem by moving the symbol elsewhere, that will help our team to fix the problem ASAP. 

Thanks for your sharp eye, 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply