Virtual tour - curiosity question

Original Post
Nite Rage · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I just noticed the "virtual tour" now creates a smaller window render, just curious as to why? The smaller size would be fine if the scaling was decreased for the info overlays as well (eg. coming up/vertical profile & the speed/altitude/tilt control box). Atm, these takeup way too much of the area that should be visible. One alternative would be maybe aligning the left control box to the bottom left (along with the coming up/vertprofile box)... this would  keep the relative size as it is, but it would add approximately 25% more to the visible viewing area. 

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 7,985

Hey Nite Rage,

As always, thank you for keeping a sharp eye on our designs! That's actually a great question about the virtual tour and one that I've sent to our engineers to take a second look at. We've been changing a lot of code recently, and it seems as though something isn't quite right here. I've passed the virtual tour along, and I'll keep you updated as this story develops! 

Best, 

Mikhaila 

Hello again Nite Rage, 

Thanks to you, we've fixed the Virtual Tour so that it has returned to the near-full-screen size, and the clutter that was in the way of the map has been moved! The active viewing area has been restored to the larger size, and I think that it's much more useable now. Thank you for keeping such a close look out on the site, we really appreciate your feedback! If you ever notice anything else, just reach out! 

Best, 

Mikhaila 

Nite Rage · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Y'all never cease to amaze me. In all my years (35+ yrs) of working in the comp tech world as well as working in/with online environments &  communities, the one thing that always seems to get lost; is a companies ability to listen or help when one of their community members mentions something that may need attention. Most tend to brush it off with generic responses or fail to even address the issue (assuming someone else will take resposibility of the task). 

Once again, y'all rise above immediately fixing the issue.

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME ;)

I just wanted to sincerely say "Thank you" for the exceptional support with your products & community. Y'all have a great band of brothers/sisters working on this project & I feel everyone one should be commended on their contributions to this project, no matter how small or large of a part they play in overall scheme of things.

Thanks again, 

Michael aka. NiteRage

TN: Woodchuck

Hey Michael (aka Nite Rage), 

Thank you so much for reaching out with such kind words! We really appreciate hearing that our efforts are helpful to our users, as that's really who we're designing all of our apps for! Since we're a small team, we depend on our users to let us know if we've missed the mark, and I can't even begin to say how valuable your feedback has been. You've helped us catch bugs and have helped us to keep on track with our designs, and we're incredibly grateful for all of your help! 

Keep up the good work, you're definitely keeping us on our toes! 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply