Hiking Project Logo

Uploading/Sharing GPS Recorded Trail from iPhone

Michelle Wertheim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

This is Michelle the Manager at Flat Creek crossing Ranch in Johnson City, Texas.  Our trails are already on MTB Project, how do I GPS mark and download trails for hiking and running??  

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,166

Hello Michelle, 

Thanks for reaching out with a great question! If you reach out to me at mikhaila@adventureprojects.net with a series of links to the trails that you'd like to copy from MTB Project, I can get them transferred to the shared Hiking and Running database! From there, I'll assign the trails to your user profile, and anything that is hiking/running specific can be added, and the mountain bike specific information can be trimmed out. Let me know if that sounds like a good plan, and we can go from there! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Erik Yde · · Salt Lake City, Utah · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 23

I know this is an old thread but I seem to be having the same problem. When I navigate to my personal page on desktop the GPS track I made on my Hiking Project App is not there. 

Scottie Golembiewski · · Fort Collins, Co · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 14

Having same issue, cant upload a trail recorded using the hiking project app from my iphone. Online profile doesnt show any hikes ive done, and the link in the app directs me to the website. Help

Vasilije McKimley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hello, I'm conducting a research about hiking, camping and outdor activities overall. I would highly appreciate your answers on this survey. It would help me a lot.

I've created it short, so it wont' take you more than 2 minutes to finish it. As a small token of gratitude, I would like to give you discount codes for on of my shops, but in that case contact me in inbox, because I don't want to do any kind of promotiong here.

SURVEY: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnZ6kO_Fl32oJaeSmy1_0zUX2BTiyAEYmeuq82LkoCo25HqQ/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true&usp=mail_form_link

Thanks

If you have time, would also appreciate if you could rate my store. All info in the survey (I can't post link here because I don't want to promote it this way)

SURVEY: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeSVsGuHvhieUlzvzGnHAWeD1MEA_iE7uD9RKNXwh3fhj8Xdw/viewform?c=0&w=1&includes_info_params=true

Chris Baffo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I am having similar issues. I recorded a backpack trip on my iphone via Hiking Project. We hiked in for two days so I have two hikes recorded on the phone (I shut down the phone to save battery at night). On the website only one of the hikes shows up.

My next question will be..Should I make a "Featured" Hike out of the two hikes so I can combine them into one trip?

Thanks

McKay Browne · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 28 days ago · Points: 0

Is there a way to share GPS tracks on social media sites, to include the information available on the app, such as showing the trail, distances, elevations and times?  I’ve seen this feature on other running and cycling apps, but couldn’t find an option to do so on this app.  Would be a nice addition to have.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply