Hiking Project Logo

How do you post photos?

Original Post
Danilo Figueroa · · Dillon, MT · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 0

Having difficulty posting photos. The app doesn't sync the photos I post to my account. There is no description on how to get the photos uploaded. Kind of pointless if the app cannot sync to my profile. Is there a way to post them on the app or does it have to be on the desktop/laptop?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,102

Hey Danilo,

Thanks for letting us know that things don't seem to be synching properly. Can I ask which app you're using to upload the photos? If you're using the Hiking Project app, the photo sharing feature is currently unavailable. Our team of engineers is working to get the feature added to the app, and the capability should be coming soon.

If you're using the National Park app, you have found a bug. Your photos from the National Park app should sync to your Hiking Project profile, and if this is the case I will alert the engineering team to the problem so that they can get the problem fixed as soon as possible.

Let me know which app you're using, and I can better answer questions from there. Thank you for your great questions, and I hope that I was able to add a bit of clarity.

Best,

Mikhaila

Rene Va · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I have posted a photo and would like to edit or delete. I am using Mac and Chrome browser and there does not appear to be an edit tool.

Please advise?

Rene V

Hey Rene,

Thank you for reaching out about editing a photo. At the moment, there isn't a way to edit or delete photos once they have been submitted for admin review. We're working on refining the photo process, and hopefully, things will be a bit more streamlined in the near future. In the meantime, if you let me know which photo you would like to edit, I can either change the location/caption, or I can delete it so that you can resubmit the photo. Let me know, and we will get everything figured out!

Thank you for your feedback,

Mikhaila

Caleb Joyce · · Boulder, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,611
Danillo, I agree this is odd. IMO if you upload a photo to an app, your intent is that it should also be public. Currently, it's just a short cut to add it to your profile so that you can push it live via our web app. I've noted this to discuss and hopefully push live with our next release.

Rene, I've addressed your pain about editing a photo you just added in another post. In short we are missing a crucial preview page so that you can review all of your content before pushing it to our content team for review. I'm also going to look into creating an edit workflow for already submitted photos. All of this is should be addressed in the next month or so as part of our site-wide redesign. Stay tuned.
Zach Taylor · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

How do I submit photos to be reviewed by the admin?

Hey Zach, 

Thanks for reaching out with a great question! To fully answer your question, can I ask a few clarifying questions? Are you interacting with us online, or through our mobile app? As a follow-up to that, are you looking at Hiking Project or the REI National Park Guide? Let me know, and we can best troubleshoot from there! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Paul Bernacki · · Bolingbrook, IL · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I have the mobile app, National Parks and I cannot find a way to upload photos, so I am posting this to understand how to post photos.

Nattrac Maytum · · Elk Grove, CA · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 6

Hi - I have been trying to upload a photo from the my phone on to the hiking project app on my iphone and I have also tried to update from my mac using my chrome browser and there is no clear method on how to post a pic of my hikes suggested. 

Sonia P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 5

I cannot seem to find how to upload photos anywhere either online or on either app. Any help please? 

Kara Smith · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Same issue- hoping to post some photos but can’t figure out how

Vanessa Parker · · Chicago · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0

Usually when I meet such troubles, I upload images on imgur.com and paste the link in message, works fine

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "How do you post photos?"