Hiking Project Logo

iPhone App Update Issue

Original Post
Stephen Todoro · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Upon launching the app, I receive a message stating that there is an update available for app data. If I choose to update, it says that "an error occurred". After that, the trails no longer show up on each national park map. You have to re-download the app in order to see them again. This happens on both my iPhone and iPad apps. This has happened several times over the last week or so, so if you could, please check it out. Thanks.

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 12,052

Thanks for the report, Stephen. I'm experiencing the same problem and have sent the bug to our mobile developer. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon!

Best,
Tom

Stephen Todoro · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Thanks, Tom. I appreciate the response and look forward to the fix and all future updates. This is a fantastic NP app and one that's been needed for a long time.

- Stephen

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 12,052

Hey Stephen,

Just heard back from our mobile dev. - the bug has been fixed on our server, but the fix won't be reflected until the app prompts users to update, which won't be for a couple days.

For now, the fastest/best thing to do would be to delete/re-install the app.

-Tom

Alice Andley · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

I have faced the same issue with my iPad then mac uae suggested me to update the device with the application after update the device the problem has been resolved.

Mohammad Rashid · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 0

I am also facing the same issue with my iPhone, it was due to a bug as per the reports published, but now the problem has been resolved and thanks for this information. if anyone is thinking to buy iPhone X with smart prices do visit.

Brad Hawkins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0

Fine, I read this thread but still need a serious suggestion I thought it is Update issue I have been facing an iTunes Restore Error 9 issue as following I configure all the steps didn't work, lastly, visit https://itunessupport.org/blog/fix-itunes-error-9/  here, then error 9 solved, now asking for restoring factory settings.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

REI National Park Guide
Post a Reply to "iPhone App Update Issue"