Hiking Project Logo

Picture Uploading

Original Post
Brian Monetti · · NYC · Joined Jan 2012 · Points: 23

Found the picture uploading to be a bit confusing. Wasn't clear that all fields were required, and if you submit early and need to use the Back button, some of your information gets deleted and needs to be resubmitted. Also was not clear if the image was being tied to the particular trail I had submitted, or just being submitted as a geolocated picture unrelated to a particular trail.

Tom Pittman · · Juneau, AK · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 131

I cant upload most of my pictures becuase they are in the wrong dimensions i guess. Is there some setting I can change on my iPhone? Also is there a way to get my pictures I've already taken to be able to fit the dimensons required?

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

@Brian, we automatically tie photos to trails that they are close to.

@Tom, our dimensions are really low. Any phone since... forever... has high enough resolution. Maybe they're being saved in a small size when you export them? If using iPhone, make sure you export in the original size. And also check the box that will include the location information.

Dallas R · · Traveling the USA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 449

Since I use my GPS or a GPS enabled camera to upload pictures is there any way that I can upload a bunch at the same time. I understand if the answer is no, because you would like to have captions/comments associated. Current method is a bit time consuming.

Yes I would like to have some whine with my cheese.

Brian Smith · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 10,608

@Dallas: As it stands now, we don't have plans to change the photo uploading process. I completely agree - it's a bit annoying/time-consuming. That said, it makes it easier to warrant 'culling the herd' and share only your BEST photos!

Dallas R · · Traveling the USA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 449

Culling the herd, I like it. I am not a very good photographer, as a result I rely on quantity not quality. So the pictures that I have posted are only about 5% of what I shot. You cannot imagine how pictures of my fingers that I have.

Brian Smith · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 10,608

@Dallas - I'm right there with you!! I prefer to let other, more qualified, photogs snap the shots!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Picture Uploading"