Hiking Project Logo

Thru-hiking partner for AZT in 2020

Original Post
David Cooke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

I’m a 72 year old Australian male interested in thru- hiking the AZT in March April 2020. I have done a number of multi week hikes and really enjoy the experience but would prefer to have companion ship either M or F. I like appreciating the things seen on the way rather than an emphasis on doing big miles each day but estimate completing the trail in about 60 days. That depends on how I go I guess; there are a few unknowns in the venture! So if anyone is interested in going with me for all or part of the trail I would like to hear from you.

Semi Feral · · Tucson · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 213

Hi David,

I am not planning to thru hike the AZT in 2020 but I am on the list of Trail Angels that the Arizona Trail Association maintains. If you need any help, support, or assistance just let me know. That includes hiking a passage or two with you if you find yourself in desperate need of company.  I live in the Tucson area and my husband and I always make ourselves available to AZT hikers.

David Cooke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2019 · Points: 0

Thank you, that is most encouraging. Nothing definite at this stage but I will be in touch.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Thru-hiking partner for AZT in 2020"