Hiking Project Logo

Looking for a southern Arizona hiking partner for regular day hikes and the occasional overnighters.

Original Post
Semi Feral · · Tucson · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 172

Hi all!
I am looking for a hiking partner to do some serious miles in southern Arizona, primarily in Pima County. I typically look for very long hikes that are over 20 miles (daylight permitting) and average more than 3,000 feet of elevation gains. I really prefer routes that have 5,000 to 6,000+ of elevation gains. In the summer months I am usually hiking in the Santa Catalina Mountains but in the winter I am happy to hike almost anywhere in the desert southwest. I am not the fastest hiker with a fully loaded pack but I hike an average of 2 mph at high altitudes and closer to 3.5 in lower elevations. Having said that, I hike an average of 12-16 hours without taking any real breaks. I pretty much only stop to grab something out of a pack, or potty, but then I am moving again. I am training for an AZT thru hike and am trying to be thru-hike ready when the time comes.

I am open to a hiking buddy that hikes faster and takes breaks if we can agree on meeting points and there is good compatibility. I am happy to hike in companionable silence or can chit chat as we hike. I would prefer a female hiking companion but am open to men as long as the vibe is right (100% platonic) and they are comfortable with my pace. I strongly observe all back country ethics/leave no trace and expect the same from a hiking partner. I am in my 40's and super accepting of, well almost anyone. I am an avid student of nature and am super interested in botany and biology and am always on the lookout for photography opportunities. I have a mile wide nerd streak and an INTJ personality type... Google Meyers-Briggs personality types for more info. If you are also looking for a hiking companion and think that my style sounds compatible, shoot me a message! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Looking for a southern Arizona hiking partner f…"