Hiking Project Logo

Sinai Trail (Ras Shetan to Ein Kidd) Dec 22-Jan 2

Original Post
Pri Elsewhere · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hi, I had planned for a 10 day  (200 km ) trek on the Sinai Trail. This is all arranged by SinaiTrail.net and the hike is supported and guided by the local Bedouin Tribes. To make the trip more economical, I need one more hiking partner (max of 3 or 4, currently we are two). You should have a lot of wilderness and back country experience including long distance solo backpacking, preferably some mountaineering, basic wilderness medicine. There will be no cell phone signal in the Sinai desert, and the water will be limited (Camels will carry our supplies). The way the trip is arranged, we will start on Dec 24 at Ras Shetan Trail head. From the US it is possible to get there via Cairo or Istanbul and take a flight to sharm el sheikh. There will be modest lodging before getting on the trail and after exit. All inclusive including local transport and food for the entire duration of the trip that will be very reasonable if we are >3 in the group PLUS individual airfare. If you are interested, we will coordinate emails and then a call where we will share details of our outdoor experience, skills and professions etc. If all works out I hope that there will be other trips including Dolpo, Mustuang, Tasmania, Via alpina and also, Arctic Circle trail..

Please write and say hi..

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Sinai Trail (Ras Shetan to Ein Kidd) Dec 22-Jan 2"