Hiking Project Logo

FS: Steripen Adventurer Opti Water Purifier - $30

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Hiking Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Robbie Flick · · Baltimore, MD · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 0

This is a compact, lightweight UV-based water purifier designed for outdoor/expedition use. The bulb is rated for up to 8,000 liters. You fill dirty water into a receptacle (up to 1 liter), press the button (once for 1 liter, twice for 0.5), and insert the bulb into the water. The UV light then kills virtually all bacteria, viruses, and protozoa in 90 seconds (45 for 0.5 liters), leaving you with a clean, tasty bottle of water. I really liked how all I needed on backpacking trips was this and a nalgene, and I would have virtually unlimited clean water.

I purchased this in 2014 and it has seen light use since then. It is still in excellent shape and works reliably. I bought a minimalist filter-based solution that I am now using and no longer have need for this. I anticipate it still has quite a long life ahead of it. I am including extra batteries for it that I purchased in bulk; these are an annoyingly specific type, the CR123 that are often used in cameras, but as I'm including 12 batteries (in addition to those in the device) you should be set for some time. These batteries alone are a ~$20 value.

The device retails new for $100, I'm asking for $30 all in (shipping included), which includes the device, a carrying case, and the 12 batteries.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

For Sale / Wanted
Post a Reply to "FS: Steripen Adventurer Opti Water Purifier - $30"