Hiking Project Logo

Colorado Springs reccemmondation

Original Post
Dee Teeter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 19 days ago · Points: 0

I'll be in town for work this week and have some free time Thursday starting around 11. I wanted to try Moscoco but the forecast has me a bit nervous. Do T storms pass relatively quickly or should I make other plans ?

Isaac Bozeman · · Pacific Islands · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 5,915

Dee,

Storms in the Rockies aren't something to play around with. If it involves lightning, you should avoid mountains whatsoever. However; if it's just rain, mountains are fine, but you will want to avoid canyon-ie and rocky areas like Red Rocks because of flash floods.
 That being said, there are many great hikes around the Springs. Pikes Peek or the Incline are both really pretty. I would not recommend them if you are coming from a drastically lower elevation, without acclimating first. There are also great hikes at the Garden Of The Gods and Red Rocks. The Waldo Canyon,  the Rampart Reservoir, and the 7 bridges trails are all amazing.  

Hope that helps!

Happy Trails!
Isaac Bozeman 

Dee Teeter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 19 days ago · Points: 0
  1. Thank you for the advice Issac. I am from NY and normally hike the ADK region so I'm thinking I should stay away from Pikes as I won't be acclimated yet. The other options sound great though! I just hope the weather holds out. 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trip Reports
Post a Reply to "Colorado Springs reccemmondation"