Hiking Project Logo

Colorado Scrambamblin YDS 3-5.4 ish (June-early Oct)


Original Post
Timo Holmquist · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Howdy, names Timo. New to the hiking project, not new to adventure! Quick intro, been living and hiking in Colorado since 2015, currently in Boulder. Climbed ADK 46ers when I was young, SB6K when I was in college at UNC-Asheville in WNC, and just finished hiking/climbing all the 14ers last year, including Crestone, Bells and Diente/Wilson traverses. Got an armful of scrambles I'd like to hit this year, looking to see if anyone interested. Fair warning they are long and require a good bit of all fours climbing, but just shy of roped travel. If anyone's game let me know, ill be out of commission for mud season (travels and family visits) but will be out almost every weekend from June-Sept/Oct weather permitting.

Examples of what I'd like to hit: Lone Eagle Pk via solo flight, Mt. Alice/Pilot Mountain, Tanima/the Cleaver, Moomaw Glacier/Eagles Beak, Hatchback-Powell-McHenry's traverse, Grand Traverse (Gore Range), Ripsaw Ridge (Gore Range), 10Mile traverse (Pks 1-10), Pigeon and Turret (San Juans), Little Bear-Blanca Traverse (Sangres), plus a handful more.

Just putting some feelers out and I'm open to suggestions. If you're out and about this summer in Colorado let me know!

S2k 4life · · 14er trailhead · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

Pmd you
Not as accomplished but a strong hiker looking to tag some 14ers this summer
Matt 4439009741

Thirsty Crow · · New Brunswick · Joined 17 days ago · Points: 0

Hi guys,
I'll land at Denver this 6th and will look to hit some 14ers. I'm targeting Snowmass, San Juan and Sangre de Cristo areas. Pretty open ended schedule so far.
I'm from Jersey so have done a bunch of East coast hikes eg Devil's path/Presidential traverse etc recently. Trekked quite a bit of Indian Himalayas up until 2017, going up to 20K ft.

Let me know if you guys would like to hike up somewhere and/or would like to share costs :)

Timo Holmquist · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
Thirsty Crow wrote: Hi guys,
I'll land at Denver this 6th and will look to hit some 14ers. I'm targeting Snowmass, San Juan and Sangre de Cristo areas. Pretty open ended schedule so far.
I'm from Jersey so have done a bunch of East coast hikes eg Devil's path/Presidential traverse etc recently. Trekked quite a bit of Indian Himalayas up until 2017, going up to 20K ft.

Let me know if you guys would like to hike up somewhere and/or would like to share costs :)

Hey man, when do you get in on the 6th? That may be my only day because I work a 9-5 during the week and the following weekend I've taken off July 12-15 to do the Four pass loop around the Bells and in the vicinity of Snowmass and Pyramid. If you're down that way you might run into us! The last two weekends of July would be ideal for me but my schedule is just super limiting because of my job.  Sorry if the timing doesn't work out but I love the San Juans and Sangres, quality rock in the Sangres especially, the San Juans can be crumbly. Still a decent amount of snow out there too, but melting fast, went backcountry skiing last weekend. How long you out west for?

Timo Holmquist · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
S2k 4life wrote: Pmd you
Not as accomplished but a strong hiker looking to tag some 14ers this summer
Matt 4439009741

Alright let's see if we can get amongst it, couple chances for me the back half of July. August and September look open excluding labor day weekend. 

Thirsty Crow · · New Brunswick · Joined 17 days ago · Points: 0
Timo Holmquist wrote:

Hey man, when do you get in on the 6th? That may be my only day because I work a 9-5 during the week and the following weekend I've taken off July 12-15 to do the Four pass loop around the Bells and in the vicinity of Snowmass and Pyramid. If you're down that way you might run into us! The last two weekends of July would be ideal for me but my schedule is just super limiting because of my job.  Sorry if the timing doesn't work out but I love the San Juans and Sangres, quality rock in the Sangres especially, the San Juans can be crumbly. Still a decent amount of snow out there too, but melting fast, went backcountry skiing last weekend. How long you out west for?

In downtown Denver right now. Let me know if you're up for something during the weekend. PM'd you about the scenario for upcoming weeks. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Colorado Scrambamblin YDS 3-5.4 ish (June-early…"

Log In to Reply