Hiking Project Logo

Best Waterproof Backpacks For Hiking

Original Post
Asen Stoyanchev · · Sofia, BG · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

Hey guys!  

Greetings from a fellow hiker and blogger from Bulgaria! I like to travel the world and meet new people whenever possible.

On my blog and on my FB page I constantly receive questions for recommendations on relaible waterproof packs.

Generally, when someone asks me

what is the best waterproof backpack for hiking?
 I always reply

It depends
It really depends on the type of hike you are planning to do. Are you going to cross rivers and hike waterfalls or are you going to just hike on places where rain is expected?
What's more, there is a difference between water proof and water resistant. Generally, waterproof tends to be stronger.
To answer those questions and to help anyone who's looking for a high quality waterproof backpack for his next hiking adventure (no matter how extreme it is), I decided to create a detailed guide on my blog.
In THIS article I did my best to summarize and review some of the best waterproof packs created for rough adventures as of 2019. I also give some tips and advice on how to choose the right pack based on your needs.

All the packs I mention are:

• Surprisingly Inexpensive
  • Super Durable
  • Amazingy comfortable
  • Top rated and tested
I hope that I'll be able to help anyone who is in a need of a solid pack that will keep your precious belongigs dry and safe no matter what.

Any comments, questions, and feedback is greatly appreciated!   

Happy hiking!
dom king · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 11 days ago · Points: 0

Hi Asen! I really liked your article on the best waterproof backpacks. I wanted to see if you would recommend erucks.com ? I noticed that they have inexpensive/waterproof hiking backpacks. A lot of backpacks look very similar to each other, so the only way you would really see a difference is to buy 2 and compare. 

Asen Stoyanchev · · Sofia, BG · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0
dom king wrote: Hi Asen! I really liked your article on the best waterproof backpacks. I wanted to see if you would recommend erucks.com ? I noticed that they have inexpensive/waterproof hiking backpacks. A lot of backpacks look very similar to each other, so the only way you would really see a difference is to buy 2 and compare. 

Hey Dom,

I'm glad you like my backpack list.  
In regards to Erucks, I haven't tried any of their packs. However, it turned I have a friend in US who has THIS pack from them. He has been using it for 3 months now and he's quite happy with it.

What's interesting is I did some research and I found seemingly the same pack on Amazon HERE. What surprised me is that the price of the same brand on Amazon is cheaper for the 50 L option ($24.99) while the price on Erucks's website is $58.33 for 30 L and that's with the discount!

Anyway, at first sight the volume looks the same and most probably they made an error on Amazon and the pack is 30 L and not 50 L. Still, the price is almost twice as cheap on Amazon.
To add my two cents - I wouldn't buy a pack that has little to no reviews except it's super cheap and I don't plan to use it extensively.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Best Waterproof Backpacks For Hiking"