Hiking Project Logo

Homepage picture cycling on laptop/computer

Original Post
Joan Pendleton · · Almaden Valley, San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 8,304

Preferred the top on the old hompage that cycled through pictures of trails, along with a highlighted hike on the right. Reason being, it was a great way to see place i had no idea about. And so get ideas of places to hike. Have put several on my list from it, and got to one of them last month. If not for seeing the pictures of it on the home page, i would never have stopped to see it. And it was awesome.  Just fyi

Patrick Hardy · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

Hey Joan,

Thanks for the feedback. We are actively iterating on these designs, and just added a new "Featured Hikes" section under the map. Although only a few trails will cycle through the banner on top, the new "Featured Hikes" section has highly rated hikes from all over that change all the time. Let me know what you think!

Patrick

Joan Pendleton · · Almaden Valley, San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 8,304

Hi Patrick,

How about adding highly rated "Trails" to the new section under the map.  The reason to also have Trails is that there are some really great ones, some real classics that are not Featured Hikes but Trails because they only use one trail.  So to make sure not to miss these classics and other great Trails, thats my recommendation.  Otherwise, i really like what you did.  The old pictures that cycled on the home page included Trails :>)

Also it doesn't seem to show any foreign hikes.  Whatever list and algorithm was used to cycle through on the old home page was great!  Really got to see many awesome places and ideas i othrwise would never have known about.

Thanks.

Joan

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Homepage picture cycling on laptop/computer"