Hiking Project Logo

Infrastructure you see while hiking

Original Post
Fred Rasper · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 21 days ago · Points: 0

Hello everybody,

I recently did quite a long trip through the Canaries. It was very beautiful and very relaxing and a good oportunity to enjoy nature.

While there are lots of ressources to find out about which trees or flowers you are looking at, or which bird sounds you here, sometimes you are confronted with human stuff.

For example, there were pipes connecting multiple valley. Some pipes, I suppose, carried water, others carried cables. There probably where little power plants or transformation stations. There were odd buildings which had windows drawn on them. Maybe these were mulitary, or a civil use I did not think about. Maybe they were wells. Then, there are buildings with antennas on them. For mobile phones, or TV, or something else? How can I distinguish those?

Are there any good ressources which help me understand those better. Any books, or websites?

I am mostly based in Europe, but I am in the US and Canada from time to time, and I of course realise, that there are different structures put up in different countries.

Does anybody have some pointers?

I find that to be a very interesing topic and one, I thought a lot about, but I put in only the wrong words into my google searches.

Thank you very much.

BR,
- F.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Stuff
Post a Reply to "Infrastructure you see while hiking"