Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Hiking Project Logo

Editing maps

Original Post
Frank Mroz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Hello, there doesn’t seem to be any editing icons at the top of this screenshot [this is the app as I downloaded it] ~  if I want to drop a pin, stitch a couple of trails together,?… Wondering how I do that [I looked at some other maps, and there seems to be all these editing icons at the top of their pages]

This is the screenshot of a trail by someone else with all the icons at the top 

Liz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,015

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to add/edit routes from the app; this is true across all phones and operating systems.

To add trails to the map make sure you are logged into your account on the website. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner and select “Share Your Trails” from the dropdown. From the popup, select the item that best suits your needs!

Thanks!
Liz

Thanks for the reply…
& all those icons, is that only on the website?… 
 is there a tutorial I could use? 

Liz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,015

Those icons appear to be part of the Android Operating System and are not related to Hiking Project.

We are currently working on updating our FAQ as we've recently changed many of our submission standards. But if you log in and go to https://www.hikingproject.com/share/trail I think you'll be able to get your trails or hikes uploaded! As always please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions during the submission process!

Liz

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Editing maps "