Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Hiking Project Logo

Multiple trails into one GPX

Original Post
Steve Baker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Is it possible to join two or more listed trails into one "hike" GPX trail?  How to do that?
Thanks in advance, newbie here.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,035

Hey Steve,

That's a great question! I think you bring up a great question! Are you hoping to combine the routes because the full hike is one of the most popular routes in the area, or were you hoping to combine the routes for a personal hike? Let me know, and we can go from there!

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

Yes, in our area (Salt Lake City) there's a group of trails in an area called "Dimple Dell".  Due to knee problems, and a history of smoking and sedentary job,  I can't do the longer, more elevated trails. However, I'm trying to join a few of the trails to make an "incrementally" longer trail to import into my Garmin Fenix 5x, to follow.  The trails are already well marked, but they are singular, and to go from one trail, then go on another one, and finally a third to end up back at the start is what I can't figure out how to do.  I have discovered a program that is a '.GPX Editor", and have modified the trails into the route I want, but haven't figured out how to actually join the 3 into 1.

The program is "GPS Track Editor".. :-)

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,035

Hey Steve,

If you want to send a file with each of the .gps tracks to mikhaila@adventureprojects.net I should be able to get everything stitched together for you! Let me know if there's anything else that I can help with.

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

Kyle Kai · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

If you have a Mac, there's an app called GPX Editor available from the Mac App Store that allows you to easily combine GPX trails.

Lou Poulas · · Lake Hopatcong · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 1,969

I've used this site with good success in the past  - gotoes.org/strava/Combine_G…

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Multiple trails into one GPX"
in the Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions