Hiking Project Logo

Here and Now; Colorado 14'ers

Original Post
Skip Kliphiem · · Jackson, WY · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 0

I will be bouncing around Colorado ticking off peaks for another few weeks.
Since the first day of summer  2018 I have hiked;
Kelso Ridge on Torrey's Peak 6/21,
Standard Route on Grays Peak 6/23,
Bierstadt/Sawtooth/Evans Route 6/25,
West Ridge of Quandary Peak 6/27,
Democrat, Cameron, Lincoln and Bross loop 6/29,
South East Ridge of Mt Massive 7/3,
Northeast Ridge of Mt Elbert 7/5,
Notch Mountain/Halo Ridge/Mt of the Holy Cross 7/9 and
West Slopes Sherman Peak 7/13

Next up the Ellingwood Ridge on LaPlata Peak. If you are in and around Leadville and want to team up for some hiking tag me. Preferably for routes other than the goat path. I have the skills, experience and the gear for moderate alpine routes, if you have something more challenging in mind I am open to suggestions. My cell service is intermittent, but I will make an effort to check messages when available, Five four one, four one zero, zero one eight five.
 Probably moving west towards the Elk Range west of Aspen for hikes and climbs of Snowmass, Capitol, Maroon Bells and some others.

Cheers and Happy Trails!

Jacob Winey · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 159

Don't miss Longs on your 14er escapade. Check out the Loft Route if you're looking for a little more route finding and less of a conga line.

Skip Kliphiem · · Jackson, WY · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 0

Looks like a good route. Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if there is still snow in the upper gullet?

Jacob Winey · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 159

I don't know, but I think it's unlikely to have any snow issues. Usually, I traverse out of the gully to the loft on a pretty obvious ledge, instead of going up the upper part of it.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Here and Now; Colorado 14'ers"