Hiking Project Logo

Tecumseh Trail Indiana info

Original Post
Mary Wilcoxson · · Edinburgh, IN · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

Can you add the hoosierhikerscouncil.org website as a contact for information about the Tecumseh Trail?  This volunteer organization built the trail and is knowledgeable about uptodate trail conditions and closings for timber sales. We also have a Facebook page Hoosier Hikers Council where hikers post information about their hike and HHC volunteers post information.  

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,051

Hello Mary,

Thank you for reaching out! I can certainly add the Hoosier Hikers Council as the Local Club for the Tecumseh Trail. Local Clubs are typically organizations that work with the land manager to build and maintain trails, and it sounds like that's the perfect designation for the Hoosier Hikers Council. I'll add the club, and from there the site will generate a club page where more detailed information about the organization can be added.

As I was taking a closer look at the Tecumseh Trail, I noticed that it needs a bit of description and detail to really make it pop. Would you be willing to add a little information to help others understand what make the trail special?

Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help.

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

I can add more information and a suggestion that hikers check our website and/or Facebook page for the latest information about trail conditions.  Let me know how this is done.  
Mary

The Tecumseh Trail is a 42 mile backpacking trail in southern Indiana.  It crosses Morgan-Monroe and Yellowwood state forests and also short distances on private camps.  It begins south of Martinsville indiana and ends near the border with the Hoosier National Forest.  Backpacking camping camping is permitted in campgrounds in the two state forests and in a designated camping area and also in a backcountry area.  There is also an AT type shelter.  
Tecumseh Trail hikers and those planning a hike on this trail can find more information on www.hoosierhikerscouncil.org and on the Hoosier Hikers Council page on Facebook.  They can also call the HHC toll-free number - 1-888-812-4453.  

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,051

Hello Mary,

So sorry for the delay. I've gotten your description copied over to the trail page, and you should be able to see that information now. If you'd like to edit that information or add more details to the Tecumseh Trail, or to any of the others in the area, simply navigate to that trail page, and then click on the "Improve Page" link in the top right hand corner. That should give you the ability to edit any of the descriptive or GPS fields, and then save those changes and submit them for admin review. Let me know if that makes sense, and we can go from there.

Thank you for all of your help!

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

hanks.  Looks like a great ap.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Tecumseh Trail Indiana info"