Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Hiking Project Logo

Scandinavian exploration MASL

Original Post
Sebastian Lindenstrøm · · Lofoten · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0
Skolmen (597.MASL)

This peak may be one of my favorite here on the islands. It’s been my 4’th time making this hill-walk and it surtanly made its point this time as well. I indeed like this place very much.

The route op this mountain is quite challenging.it goes straight up after a short hike from the beach. That’s usually how it is up here. Alpine peaks directly of the ocean. 
We walked up and above the scree on the hillside of “Småtinden”. This seemed to be the best choice. More enduring but safer keeping twisted ankles in mind. It was raining all morning and misty fog was moving in time to time. The scree walking in beside the lake and up the valley can be quite a challenge in moist conditions, not to say when the ferns are fully grown in mid summer. After making the cut we went east, up the shelf until the final traverse leading to the peak. A little bit easy climbing on the last part made it just a notch more adventurous. 

We safely found our way home, cutting down after a walk on the ridge of Skolmen. 

[[]]
Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,035

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for posting what looks like a great trip report! It looks like you had a wonderful adventure. If you'd like to get the GPS route added, we would love to have this route added to the site as either a Trail or a Featured Hike. Let me know if you have any questions on getting started, or check out our FAQ Page.

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Scandinavian exploration MASL"
in the Trip Reports