Hiking Project Logo

Tying the Projects Together

Original Post
Tom Royal IV · · Sanford, FL · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 44

First of all, just wanted to say thanks to all involved for creating this resources.  I have miles of trails that I've hiked and photographed over the years, and I'm looking forward to revisiting some old favorites so I can record the track and share them with the community.  

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question or not (feel free to move if needed), but are there any plans to tie all of the projects together into one location for those of us that participate in multiple activities?  I've noticed that my profile data is consistent across the projects, however it would be nice to have one location to visit that ties all of the forums together and provides a holistic view of all interests.  It's not uncommon for some of our weekend adventures to include hiking, mountain biking, paddling (btw, is there a paddling project in the works?) and camping (oh yeah, a camping project would be great as well!)  An app or some other way to highlight areas that feature multiple recreation opportunities could be quite useful.

Again, thanks for all the hard work so far. Looking forward to seeing what's on the horizon.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,050

Hello Tom,

Thank you for reaching out! Firstly, our whole team is happy to hear that you've enjoyed our sites, and that you've found the platform useful for a variety of activities. You bring up an excellent question about potentially tying the platforms together, and I think that your multi-sport adventures sound both exciting and worth keeping track of holistically (instead of in pieces dictated by activity). At the moment, we are a ways away from uniting all of our Projects under on username umbrella, though it is certainly an idea that circulates. Unfortunately, the same goes for Paddle Project ;).

Hopefully we can continue to provide a valuable resource in the meanwhile, as we work towards our longer term goals. If you have any other questions, or would like to send us any feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

Tom Royal IV · · Sanford, FL · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 44

Hi Mikhaila,

Thanks for the response and update.  I certainly understand how various projects can fall down on the priority list, but glad to hear that it's at least on the roadmap, even if far down along the path.  I will definitely enjoy participating on the existing platforms in the meantime.

Thanks again!

-Tom

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Tying the Projects Together"