Hiking Project Logo

Android Functionality

Original Post
Sandra Rock · · Wilmot, NH · Joined 20 days ago · Points: 0

I really like the Hiking Project features.  Have used other hiking apps with disappointing results.  Unfortunately I am an Android user.  Are there plans to make the app fully available to Android users?  My hiking partners are IOS users, but we don't always hike together.  Thanks.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5,935

Hey Sandra,

Thanks for reaching out with a great question! Is there a particular feature that you're looking for? To answer your question more broadly, yes! We are absolutely hoping to bring our android app up to speed, in addition to making the app more functional for all users. Unfortunately, we have been a bit short on bandwidth lately, and will hopefully be bringing on more team members to address our android app ASAP!

Thanks for your patience in the meanwhile.

Mikhaila 

Sandra Rock · · Wilmot, NH · Joined 20 days ago · Points: 0

Hi Mikhaila,

On Android I am able to access gps and view a existing track for and existing trail.  What I would like to be able to do is record a track for any trail; those that are already posted to the Hiking Project and also new trails.  Most of the trails near my home are part of the Sunapee Ragged Kearsarge Greenway system and seem to be non-existent in Hiking Project.  I would like to be able to share the trail info with others as well as have the data available for myself.  Thanks.  Also, will there be notification as Android features become available?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5,935

Hello Sandra,

Thank you so much for clarifying! I had a feeling that particular feature might be on your "want" list, and I can understand how useful that would make the app! That's one of the top priorities that we're hoping to work on as soon as we have some increased engineering power. That's a great question about the notification. I'm not sure that our website will make an announcement, but the feature would likely be added as part of an app update, and the new GPS tracking feature would definitely be mentioned in the review of what would be new in the app update.

Hopefully that helps a little, but please let me know if there's anything else that I can answer!

Best,
Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Android Functionality"
in the Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions