Hiking Project Logo

Internet Explorer

Original Post
Raymond Stowell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 7 days ago · Points: 0

Our organization is looking to promote hiking trails around our area and this site may be what were looking for.   While playing around I tried to upload a GPX file of a trail I mapped out and received this message.  "  We're sorry about this... but it looks like you're using Internet Explorer (IE), which doesn't work with the trail editing features of our mapping library. We suggest switching to Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge."   This is not too much of an issue on my end as I can use firefox or chrome to upload and edit the trails data.     My question is will people viewing and downloading the trail information be able to use internet explorer to do so?  

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5,860

Hello Raymond, 

Thank you so much for reaching out. I can absolutely understand the necessity of internet explorer functionality. I was wondering if you are using a PC or a Mac? I know that this sometimes changes how things are displayed. Because Internet Explorer is no longer maintained for Mac, I would guess that most Mac users would be transitioning to other browsers that are continuously updated. However, from a PC, users should be able to see our data and information, and the download function should work properly. Let me know if that helps, or if there's anything else that I can do to help. 

Best regards, 

Raymond Stowell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 7 days ago · Points: 0

Thank you Mikhaila.   That dose indeed answer my question.   I myself can use any browser necessary to set up the trail information.     I just wanted to make sure that IE was still a viable browser for people to use to access the trail date.          

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Internet Explorer"
in the Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions