Hiking Project Logo

Responding to message about photo

Original Post
Bruce Hope · · Medford, OR · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10,730

I received a message about a photo and the message included this instruction: "To message admin or make any necessary changes, please edit this photo." So I went to the photo, opened it in edit, and then couldn't find any way to just respond to the message. Nor can I find any way to resubmit the photo - it just hangs there presumably waiting for me to do something.  Can you tell me how to just respond to a photo message and how to get the photo resubmitted?  Thanks!

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,066

Hey Bruce, 

So glad that you reached out! As I was investigating, I realized that you're absolutely right. It looks like the response box has either been removed, or was not in place originally. Either way, I have sent a report to our development team so that we can get this problem addressed. 

Luckily, I received your message, and we should be able to remedy the photo and the messaging issue ASAP. 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Hi Mikhaila,

Thanks for following up on this.  So far, this site has been pretty intuitive, so not finding a way to respond was a bit confusing.  If you get a response box in place, then all will be well.

Bruce

Nathan Laughton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 86

I am having the same issue more than six months later. Unfortunately it looks like the development team has been out to lunch since then. I love having the admin oversight, but when it gets in the way of uploading content, you have to ask yourself how many pending trails are out there, hiked, logged, and now sitting in some sort of digital limbo, awaiting replies to admin messages that we are literally incapable of replying to.

It's so disheartening really. I was so excited when I discovered this app. Functionality is great, but it's lacking content. There are tons of trails nearby that aren't listed. NO PROBLEM, I though, I'LL AD THEM! Sadly that's turning out to be harder than anticipated. Please make it easier to get content approved! Giving us a way to reply after you've asked us to reply would be a great start! Everything else about this site is pretty bomber.

Once I worked with this system for a bit, I found it fairly easy to submit a trail, fix a submitted trail of mine, or suggest improvements to a trail submitted by someone else. However, the "To message the admin..." issue is still out there and is irksome if all you want to do is explain something (without doing any editing) to the admins.  So I, too, am hoping the development team will eventually address this issue. In the meantime, I've found that you can respond to the admins by sending an email to content@adventureprojects.com. This also works for sending them a whole new gpx file if need be. Although this work-around may not be the ideal or preferred solution, it does allow you to bring your issue directly to the admin's attention.

Liz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,501

Hi Nathan and Bruce,

Apologies for the inconvenience with this! We are actively working to fix this problem both on photo and trail messaging to make this much easier. Keep your eyes open for the changes as they get rolled out—and please, if you continue to have trouble with the messaging after changes are pushed, let us know!

Liz

Brian Huber · · Golden, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 82

Hey Bruce and Nathan,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I've fixed a small issue that was preventing the contact box from displaying for photos. We appreciate your patience on this—don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Responding to message about photo"