Hiking Project Logo

Charity hiking trail creator

Original Post
Bryce Battershell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

For the past 3yrs, several military buddies & I have teamed up with 22toomany & hike 96 miles in 6 days through Yosemite, to raise awareness about veterans taking their own lives. I have been struggling, to show in detail, our route & help others plan their routes, to join us out on one of the many suggested day hike routes we pass through. I think the hiking project can help me, but again I could just be reaching. Can I create a trail/route by joining other routes together, or do I need to take the time to just map out the 6day trip & then go back & do the suggested day hikes for those that want to just join us for a day? I have photos & videos to add to the routes. I hope this is clear as mud. 

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,024

Hey Bryce, 

Thank you for reaching out! It sounds like 22toomany is a wonderful organization, and your annual trip sounds like a potentially life changing event! The only obstacle that I can see is that our site isn't optimized for single events very well. However, I would really love to find an effective work around so that we can get this route featured. I think it might help to narrow down some options if I knew a bit more about the route itself. Do you have any maps, GPS tracks, or other records of both the 6 day trip and the shorter day trips? If you have anything, please send it along to mikhaila@adventureprojects.net, and we can go from there. 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Charity hiking trail creator"
in the Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions