Hiking Project Logo

Yearly Goals Tracker

Original Post
Dana Bell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 14 days ago · Points: 0

I literally just joined here so this may be a feature I'm just not aware of, so please let me know if it is.  After only getting in a total of 10 hikes last year our family has set a goal of 20 hikes this year. We have a 4 and a 5-year-old. And while I love the info I'm finding on local hikes to help us, I haven't figured out a way to log our hikes to keep track of our yearly goal. I guess I'm wondering if there is a feature like Goodreads has for keeping track of your goal. There, I can log books, review them, put them on my to-read list, etc. All of this seems to have a counterpart on here except for a feature that lets me set a goal, add hikes to that goal, and keeps track of our miles and number of hikes. If this doesn't exist, I feel like it would be a great addition. If it does, can someone please let me know where to look for these features, because I'm missing it. I don't know about anyone else, but checking things off a list definitely helps me to achieve my goals. (For example, before Goodreads I was reading under 10 books a year and now I'm above 30). Thanks so much!

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,185

Hey Dana, 

Thank you so much for reaching out. We do have a few features that I think you'll find useful, namely the Check In feature and the To-Do List. Once you find a trail or hike that you're interested in, you can navigate to that trail's individual page where you'll find both "Check In" and "Add to To-Do" located on the right hand side of the page. Both of those features will allow you to take note of the hikes that you're hoping to accomplish, and the Check In feature will allow you to enter notes about your experience as well! Let me know if that helps, or if there's anything else that I can do to help.

Best of luck with your 20 hike goal this year! 

Mikhaila 

Dana Bell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 14 days ago · Points: 0

Awesome! Thanks :) 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply