Hiking Project Logo

Two night backpacking trip in Mineral King- Looking for a partner (or more) to join me!

Original Post
Amy Heins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi there! 

My name is Amy, and I live to be outdoors. Between summiting Whitney, climbing Half dome during a blizzard, and surviving the heat of the Grand Canyon, I am always looking for the next adventure. 

In a few weeks, I'll be driving up north from San Diego to the Mineral King area- about 7 hours. While I enjoy my solo hikes, I would LOVE to share this adventure with other humans. Don't be shy if you're interested in coming! I promise I'll keep my country music to a minimum and try to not use all of my punny jokes at once.

Come join me!!

BethAnn Sullivan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Aloha Amy, I would love to come.  I'm athletic usually, but have come off nursing a torn meniscus.  I wont be fast, even on my best trekking days.  What's important to me is that I do it- and it's never been about how fast I get there.  I would LOVE the company, and happy to share the cost, listen to your crumby jokes & maybe have a few of my own.  BUT- I don't need you to worry about me either. If your cool with that- I'm game.  I'm new to this site- so don't know how much of a profile we have, what I was wondering is you live in san diego?  We could do a local hike.  thanks

Amy Heins · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

Hi there!

I actually posted that back in January. The trip was awesome! I do live in San Diego, but will be moving out of the country in a few days.
Best of luck to you with the meniscus- I've been there! If you want to find people to hike with (all ages and levels) I would recommend joining the facebook group called Girls Who Hike San Diego. They also have a branch called Girls Who Hike LA.... and so on. That should help you find a partner either here in SD, or near San Bernardino if you want to hike a larger summit.  

All the best,
Amy 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Two night backpacking trip in Mineral King- Loo…"