Hiking Project Logo

Recover saved Tracks

Original Post
Tim W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 26

I recorded a hike with the Hiking Project app and clicked the save icon when I was back at the car. I got home and went to my laptop to find my track to download the .gpx file and upload it. The recording was not in my account nor was it saved in my phone when I launched the app at home.  Where did the recording go? Thanks!

Anna Ulibarri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 10

I have the same question. Please respond.....

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5,864

Hello Tim and Anna, 

I am so sorry that an Admin didn't catch your message earlier, Tim. I'm not sure where the GPS tracks might have gone, but I would like to gather more information so that we can address the issue if there is a bug. Would you mind letting me know what phone model you're using, the software installed, what your connectivity was like (full cell service, no service, etc.), and any other details that might help us address the problem? If you'd rather not divulge that information here, please send an email to mikhaila@adventureprojects.net, and I will be able to get the information to our head developers. 

Again, I apologize for the delay and for the inconvenience. If there's anything else that I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Recover saved Tracks"
in the Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions