COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
Hiking Project Logo

Recover saved Tracks

Original Post
Tim W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 26

I recorded a hike with the Hiking Project app and clicked the save icon when I was back at the car. I got home and went to my laptop to find my track to download the .gpx file and upload it. The recording was not in my account nor was it saved in my phone when I launched the app at home.  Where did the recording go? Thanks!

Anna Ulibarri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 10

I have the same question. Please respond.....

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,098

Hello Tim and Anna, 

I am so sorry that an Admin didn't catch your message earlier, Tim. I'm not sure where the GPS tracks might have gone, but I would like to gather more information so that we can address the issue if there is a bug. Would you mind letting me know what phone model you're using, the software installed, what your connectivity was like (full cell service, no service, etc.), and any other details that might help us address the problem? If you'd rather not divulge that information here, please send an email to mikhaila@adventureprojects.net, and I will be able to get the information to our head developers. 

Again, I apologize for the delay and for the inconvenience. If there's anything else that I can do, please don't hesitate to reach out! 

Mikhaila 

David Melton · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2020 · Points: 0

i have the same problems.  I saved hikes with the app as I completed them yesterday and today. In the account page it provides info: My Hike on 03/08/20 at 10:09 AM with the distance, duration and elevation change but I can't find how to display the track.

Thanks,
Dave melton

Steve Vacula Jr · · Huntsville, AL · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 381

I've had the same problem as described above since the 1st of the year. I try it every few weeks as an app update comes out, but still the same problem. iPhone Xs, iOS 13.3.1, Verizon network, this has happened with both cell and no service, current Hiking Project app version 4.1.3. 

Wayne Bird · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I haven't used the recording feature yet, but was considering trying it on my next hike. However, it sounds like this would not be a good idea since there's obviously issues with this feature and no one responding with help. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Recover saved Tracks"