Full page map

Original Post
Ron Birk · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0

Am I just blind, or is there no way to get the maps to expand to full page/screen? I find it very hard to look around on a map that small. Did that feature get removed? as I tell myself it used to be there.

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 15,329

Hey Ron,

Look for the attached image, it expands the map to full-screen. You can find it on any map in the top-left corner.

Cheers,

Tom

This is what I see. There's no such image?

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 15,329

Hey Ron,

Can you send me a link to the page you're looking at?

Thanks,

Tom

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,155

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for sending along the screenshot and the link! I think that the full screen map view is only available when you're on an individual trail or hike page, or from an area page. It looks like you nabbed that image from the home page. If you'd like to explore the widest possible region while using the full screen map, I would recommend going to an area page by searching the city or location that you'd like to hike in, and then use the full screen map available from that area's specific page. Let me know if that helps! 

Mikhaila 

It's the same on any map on any page.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,155

Hey Ron, 

Thank you for letting me know. I am using Google Chrome, and wasn't able to replicate this issue, even when I wasn't logged in as an admin. Do you think you could let me know which browser you're using, and on what device? I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the problem ASAP from there! 

Thanks, 

Mikhaila 

I am using Firefox 56.0 on Windows 10.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply