New Symbol?

Original Post
Russell Hobart · · Chapel Hill, NC · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 3,460

Would anyone else be interested in a symbol for 'Ruins'? To me the skeletons of old buildings or structures is always a point of interest. It gives one a sense of a continuity with our history. Let me know what you all think. Thanks.

Lou Poulas · · Lake Hopatcong · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 1,281

I think that is a great idea.

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,155

Interesting! I'm not sure that's one that our team would have come up with organically, but I'll let our design team know that it's an in demand feature! If there are any other symbols that you'd like to see, just let me know! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Hi Mikhaila,

I'm glad you're interested. Seeing as you asked, I gave it some thought and I have a couple of more ideas.

Historic - Where a battle took place, Oregon trail crossing, tradition native american fish dam site, site where John Muir ascended Cathedral Peak, buffalo jumps, Donner Party, Lewis and Clark camp, etc.

Literary- Site where Hemingway saw the 'hills that look like white elephants', Brokeback mountain, Cold Mountain, Of Mice and Men (location where they cross into California), etc.

Cave -Self Explanatory. 

Canoe/Kayak Access - I know I've added short access trails to indicate this but it would be nice to have an official symbol.

It would also be great to have the symbols be searchable or filterable. On a hot day or weekend, it would be great to look at a map and filter 'Swimming" on the location map. Well, I do go on. Thanks for listening.

Hey Russell, 

Thanks for sending along some additional great feedback! I know that we have gem designations for some of those features, but I think they would also be useful as symbols as well. I'll get this feedback passed along to our design team, and hopefully we can get some new symbols added soon. 

Best, 

Mikhaila 

Hey Mikhaila,

I just thought of another potentially helpful icon - River ford

Hi Russell, 

That is another good one! I'll send it along to our product team. 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply