Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Hiking Project Logo

api i can use

Original Post
gena catharine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Hi do you guys have an api for hiking data i can use? i noticed that there was one for mountain project thanks!

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 5,549

It's pretty limited, but we have something here: https://www.hikingproject.com/data

Lisa Peck · · Boulder · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0
Nick Wilder wrote:

It's pretty limited, but we have something here: https://www.hikingproject.com/data

Hi Nick. I've set up the API but I'm only seeing about 10 trails returned in the Boulder, Colorado area. They seem to all be listed as "featured hikes" - is the the limitation you describe mean we don't get all the data?

Ryan Rhodes · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0
Lisa Peck wrote:

Hi Nick. I've set up the API but I'm only seeing about 10 trails returned in the Boulder, Colorado area. They seem to all be listed as "featured hikes" - is the the limitation you describe mean we don't get all the data?

I am able to change my lat and long queries and get different trails with all of the data offered. You should be able to do the same.

James Hafer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0
Lisa Peck wrote:

Hey Lisa, you will want to use the maxResults query parameter. It defaults to 10 but you can change it up to 500.

Brian H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I'd like to search for trails by max grade and average grade. Is it possible to add this detail to the API?

I want to find steep trails for training hill runs.

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 5,549
Brian H wrote: I'd like to search for trails by max grade and average grade. Is it possible to add this detail to the API?

I want to find steep trails for training hill runs.

Sorry, we don't have that.

Micah Wilson · · Provo, UT · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I'm curious if there's any way to get route information for a trail through the API?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 6,052

Hey Micah,

Thanks for reaching out! I was curious what variety of information you're looking for. I think if I know a bit more about what type of information that you want, I'll be better able to direct you to what resources we have.

Best regards,
Mikhaila 

Max Sadrieh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Is there a way to search for trails by name? (like the search feature no the main website, which returns HTML and not JSON in the AJAX call it seems)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Hiking Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "api i can use"