IOS app not allowing logging in.

Original Post
Mark P... · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 3 days ago · Points: 0

I signed up through the laptop on your site to create an account and then downloaded the iPhone app as I get ready for another hiking trip shortly. I can not log in with the app though currently. I can log out and back in through the website with the same info but when I try to sign in with the app. "Login Error",  an error occurred while logging in. Please try again. I get the same message when I try several times but can not login in even after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Any ideas?

Update: 

After playing around with it for a little while and then deciding to try the "Forgot Password" in the App to reset the password maybe. I tried the same password and tried signing back in through the app and this time it allowed me to login on the iPhone app, not sure why but it worked. Now I get to play with the app for upcoming hike in Sept. 

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,151

Hey Mark, 

Thank you so much for reaching out! We've been trying to work through this exact problem for quite some time, and have been having trouble reproducing it reliably. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a functioning work around, and until we can get this particular but fixed, I will recommend your method. 

If there's anything else that I can do, let me know! 

Mikhaila 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply