Hiking Project Logo

How to get a trail from MTB

Original Post
Jeff Talbot · · N'Ampsha · Joined May 2017 · Points: 200

I was hiking some trails this weekend that show in the MTBProject trails, but not in the HikingProject trails. Is it possible to have them ported over so I can use them for hiking instead?

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,167

Hey Jeff, 

Nicely done! Not many people think to check MTB Project to find great hikes, but I'm glad that it enabled you to get out for a great hike! It is indeed possible to get the trails ported over from MTB Project to Hiking Project. When they're initially copied over, they'll still have their bike specific descriptions, and we try to change that to be hiker-friendly as much as possible. For the trails that you're familiar with, would you be willing to add some hike specific details to the routes? Let me know your thoughts, and which trails you'd like to see transition to Hiking Project, and we can go from there! 

Best regards, 

Mikhaila 

Jeff Talbot · · N'Ampsha · Joined May 2017 · Points: 200

Hi Mikhaila, 

Thanks for the quick response! I'm more than willing to add some hike specific details to the routes! 

I'm specifically looking at the trails here : https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8013381/musquash-conservation-area 

Mikhaila Redovian · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 8,167

Hey Jeff, 

Wow! Thank you for taking the trails on! I'll get the area copied from MTB, and will assign everything to your user profile. From there you should be able to edit and add details, or make any routing changes that you would be interested in making. 

Let me know if there's anything else that I can do! 

Mikhaila

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply